Today’s Daily Prompt, “No Longer a Mere Mortal,” asks: You’ve imbibed a special potion that makes you immortal. Now that you’ve got forever, what changes will you make in your life? How will you live life differently, knowing you’ll always be around to be accountable for your actions?
Who said I was mortal and needed a special potion in order to keep on living? My body ages, but I somehow do not. After all, I feel like a very wise child with nothing but future ahead.
Would knowing I’m immortal cause me to change something about my life, or are my actions important now regardless? If I assume I will not be around more than the average length of time, and that my actions don’t really matter, then why care about any of the choices and actions I make? Does the potion prevent anarchy?
How do you know that my actions today won’t have consequences into the millennia? Perhaps you think they don’t matter unless I’m going to be around to see them?
What is this “forever” anyway? And why do you think I don’t already have it?
I have drunk the potion of knowingness. And I know I am an immortal spiritual being responsible for every moment of my existence. Knowing makes it so and the Truth is there to be known.
- Do good: Daily Prompt: No Longer a Mere Mortal | so i wrote
- Daily Prompt | Vicariously Poetic
- Daily Prompt: No Longer a Mere Mortal – show us LONGEVITY. | masadiso79’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: No Longer a Mere Mortal, Thank God | Mindful Splatter
- A Rider for Good… | The Rider
- Daily Prompt: No Longer a Mere Mortal « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: No Longer Mere Mortal | Faraziyya
- Daily Prompt: Longevity is… a Douglas-fir tree | Postcards from
- Daily Prompt: No Longer a Mere Mortal | Under the Monkey Tree
- I’m On Medication And Can’t Come Up With A Title For This Prompt | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Longevity | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- [Counting micromorts] | clarior e tenebris
- Leaf Litter | windandlaughter
- Daily Prompt: No Longer a Mere Mortal | Discovering Myself
- http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2013/06/29/daily-prompt-mere-mortal/ | Stevie’s Words
- Superpup! | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: No Longer a Mere Mortal | Quirky Brunette
- 測試 | 黑米籤
- I am God | it writes itself
- Daily Prompt: No Longer a Mere Mortal | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Drank Immortality Potion Without Right to Refuse | Iam Who Iam
- That’s a good question! | Going New Places!
- We Live Forever | PROOF OF GOD! …and other tragedies.
- Daily Prompt; No Longer a Mere Mortal | terry1954
- Forever And After « Getting Rid Of Boredom
- Do you remember, where you were | A Teacher’s Blog
- Catherine B.’s Blog | Immortal | Daily Prompt | Mere Mortal
- The Tale of the Land of Bon (Long Fiction) | meanderedwanderings
- Siempre | A Day in the Life
- Daily Prompt: No Longer a Mere Mortal? I’ll pass. Thanks anyhow. | SERENDIPITY
- Not a mere mortal | The Nameless One
- It Feels Like Forever | Andrew J. Stillman | The Artist Mindset
- The elixir of eternal life only for the deserving! | 365 wings of hope
- Too much pain, too much tears | Vivir, que no es poco
- Daily Prompt: The End of A Long Haul | One Starving Activist
- The futility of the death-proof | Rob’s Surf Report
- If I could live forever….. | djgarcia94
- No Longer a Mere Mortal: Almost Immortal – Bhishma’s Tale | Khana’s Web
- Daily Prompt: No Longer A Mere Mortal | Morrighan’s Muse
- Brian’s Blog: No Longer a Mere Mortal
- Daily Prompt: Forever and Ever | Jane’s Journal
- a long walk… | memoirs of an unremarkable man
- Daily Prompt: No Longer a Mere Mortal | Guacamoulee
- Daily Prompt: No Longer a Mere Mortal | Lies Are we Tired of them?
- Bicycle around the world | I Didn’t Just Wake Up This Morning with a Craving
- Living Forever= NOT FOR ME | downtownnokomis