Today’s Daily Prompt asks: How important are clothes to you? Describe your style, if you have one, and tell us how appearance impacts how you feel about yourself.
How to Feel Like a Princess
When I was quite young and growing up in the fifties I had impeccable fashion sense. I created a look like no one else’s. With Aprons.
My mother had dozens of them. She actually threw cocktail parties and wore them. She was going for this image to the right—Chic Martini Classic. Most of her aprons were very fancy with ruffles, sheer fabrics, sometimes appliques on them, sometimes holiday themed. And she kept them in a kitchen drawer that I could easily reach.
I never had the urge as a girl to raid my mother’s closet, but the apron drawer? Ooooh Yes! This is where style meets happily ever after.
Aprons are versatile and practical because they can be tied into place and easily made to fit. They lend themselves to all kinds of occasions in which one might need to become a princess or a bride.
An impeccably dressed princess would have flowing skirts made from organza or taffeta or something with ruffles. And of course length would matter, so the longer aprons are always the best yet never too long for a young girl to wear.
To create a princess dress all you have to do is layer the aprons onto your front and back and make sure they overlap for modesty. Let your imagination be your guiding star as far as colors and patterns. Here is a more modern take on the layered princess apron dress.
The fancier the better. And of course you need a top portion for your dress. Those aprons get tied around your chest. Consider bringing the ties around for a front bow that is easier to tie. Bright. Sassy. Yet practical.
For the back, you can always make a cape. In fact, if some of the aprons are not “cocktail fancy,” they are still very useful as outer wear such as a cape or a hood. Perhaps your look is going to be along the lines of Heidi (the girl in the Alps, not Klum) or Red (Riding Hood).
Can you say, “Rick Rack?” Fabulous, Darling! And just look at those colors! They are sure to get you noticed by the local Prince or Huntsman.
Another great accessory is an apron with appliques If you want to (and I often did) you can layer them right on top of your other aprons for a full skirted look or use the sheerer apron as a petticoat with the more solid and colorful fabrics on top.
A holiday themed apron dress. Delightful, isn’t it? And just perfect for getting you in the mood for cookies, presents and Santa Claus. This would also make a very fine cape or hood.
Sometimes you may want to wear a mysterious veil such as this intriguing red one. It is best if you can still see through it at least a little. The pockets come in handy even on a veil.
And then there is the all-time classic Bridal Regalia. For this, of course, you reserve your white and most beautiful aprons. Feel free to add as much jewelry as you wish. This is, after all, an extremely special occasion. Those delicate flowers and soft ruffles are just the thing to enchant you and your beloved. Imagine how you will look walking down the
hallway aisle in this gorgeous veil, with your Prince Charming waiting to marry lovely, fashionable you!
Every girl can be a princess fashionista with the help of a few good aprons!
- Steve Hanuman | Village & Countryside Tourism
- Louis Viviers | Village & Countryside Tourism
- Rural Tourism in Russia: Man and Horse | Village & Countryside Tourism
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | Awl and Scribe
- Man maketh the clothes. « RPMAS
- Daily Prompt: It’s About Clothes and Not About Russia | Under the Monkey Tree
- The Clothes (May) Make the Man | geekergosum
- Never Stationary
- Suit Up! | Crossroads
- Zero, Budget Version. | thoughtsofrkh
- Too Sexy For My Clothes [Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man] | unknowinglee
- Canada Goose (Style) | photo potpourri
- Daily Prompt: Clothes: I Blame Stacy & Clinton | Kim, Who Lives at Home
- The Clothes (May) make the Woman (Writer) | Kate Murray
- Way down inside | The verbal hedge
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man « Mama Bear Musings
- I Feel For My Mother – Daily Prompt Repost | The Mercenary Researcher
- they’re just clothes | wannabepoet
- My Old Green Sweater | The Jittery Goat
- Polo Shirt And Chinos | Tony’s Texts
- Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man — Purple Sweaters, Orange Dresses | SERENDIPITY
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | littlegirlstory
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | Vagabond
- Dress for Sucess | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- Second Class Style | An Upturned Soul
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- A shameful confession. | Tales of a slightly stressed Mother!
- Naked People don’t influence society | crookedeyebrows
- Shift in styles | The life of T
- Calmness | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- What the hell is she wearing? | Girlie Groove
- The Clothes that Make the Woman | The River Mom
- House of Revolving Style | wordsandotherthings
- On Clothes and Androgyny | the wannabe artist
- Princesses and Docs | Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis and Me
- Silver, With A Golden Heart | ~xoxo, msL
- Clothing and Confidence | A Sign Of Life
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes Make the Man | My Atheist Blog
- Why do I look so good? | Rob’s Surf Report
- Fur Coat… | Haiku By Ku
- Why do I love black? Let me count the ways. | walkin’ on sunshine
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Well I’m not naked… | Day of the Week Fat Pants
- I’d Rather Be Naked… | Take your Chances; Make it Happen
- Unclothed | alienorajt
- I really don’t care | Life is great
- Jeans | East Meets Breast
- It tickles my senses | Hope* the happy hugger
- Hats n’ Scarves…(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Fashion centsibility | Beth Byrnes
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes That Make | cagedbutterfly1
- Bring on the Karken…but do it with style. | Vampire Maman
- Unclothed | vicbriggs’s Blog
- The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | To Write With a Broken Pencil is Pointless
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make Make the (Wo)man | lifebeinggirly
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (may) Make the (Wo)Man | Understated Classics
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes Make The Man | Steve Says….
- Jeans +Shirt +Sneakers=Done! | Not a Punk Rocker
- I’m a T-shirt and jeans kind of girl. Always will be. | Reinvention of Mama
- Car Wars:This Is How I Roll | Just Visiting This Planet
- I don’t always make bold fashion statements…… | djgarcia94
- Chameleon | A mom’s blog
- Do I Love Clothes? | Flowers and Breezes
- The Man Makes the Man | Real Life Co.
- shopping for a man | Musings of a Random Mind
- COVERING UP | Emotional Fitness
- The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | The Nameless One
- Paying it forward | I’m just Super Saiyan
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | The Blogging Path
- My sweater is more than just my style | Fingerprints on the Fridge
- “Our Minds Want Clothes As Much As Our Bodies” – Samuel Butler – Daily Prompt | thecatsdaydream
- Dressing Like a Canadian | SueAnn Porter
- The Clothes Make the Man..err.. Woman | The Otter in my Jotter
- Lady Godiva | CurTales
- Daily Prompt: Style | Far from Done
- Janwilk’s Weblog
- Venus of the rags – a daily prompt on clothing | Indexyourlife
- Woven | The Seminary of Praying Mantis
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | Sunglasses Always Fit
- One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | The corner of my imagination
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | You Know My Answer To That | Sylvia’s Life and Style
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | To Breathe is to Write
- Style For the Daily Prompt! | sewcoordinated
- That Yellow Sundress | JC Bride ~
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | jane sleeps here
- The Power of Hair | The Silver Leaf Journal
- The Clothesmaker | The Drugstore Notebook
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man 4.10 | Family, Photos, Food & Craft
- She who runs … | lemon lime follies
- Brighter Than Sunshine | Wiley’s Wisdom
- The Styles We Are And Our Characters Are | Kate’s Bookshelf
- How important are clothes to you? | Processing the life
- Kind of Fashionable | Kind of a Bum
- Overdress Or Underdress | Anchors Aweigh
- Dress For The Job You Want | Compass & Quill
- Emphasis on the Boy | Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | likereadingontrains
- You wear what you are? | ♡ sarah ♡
- The Length of a Skirt | Inks and Scribbles