Today’s Daily Prompt asks: Scour the news for an entirely uninteresting story. Consider how it connects to your life. Write about that.
Have you seen MSN or Yahoo home pages where they shout various hot stories at you? There’s always some celebrity gossip available and usually none too flattering. These don’t interest me at all because I respect artists and I’m not into cabal.
The page I saw was this one:
“CELEBRITY TOOB: 3O FAIRLY SHOCKING PICTURES OF CELEBRITIES WITHOUT MAKEUP PHOTOS”
(Gotta love the redundancy here. You can tell this is high-class news reporting.) I looked these pix over and thought most of the celebs looked pretty darned okay without their glam on. Just as I was thinking they shouldn’t be too offended, I came upon picture #25. This was a celebrity I’ve known nearly all my life. One that is beloved the world over and has personally been a part of millions of lives!
I was shocked indeed! No need to tell you who she is—you’ll recognize her in an instant.
This is just wrong. Barbie deserves way more respect than this. But even so, Barbie looks amazeballs with or without her makeup, doesn’t she? (Perfect hair. How does she do it?)
Of course this connects to My Cooking Life. I was immediately reminded of something that happened just last night!
I was cruising around my natural food store late last night after work looking for some ready-to-eat dinner. I was going through the produce section on my way to the deli hot food when I spotted them.
I couldn’t believe it! Completely whole. No trimming. No preparation. No hiding their large, rough, blemished roots. One of the most famous, world-renowned celebrity ingredients in nearly every cuisine, cooking method and dietary program.
And I caught them incognito without a speck of glam!
True culinary stars loved by all. Do you recognize them? I didn’t at first until I took a closer look.
“We’re not quite ready for our close-up, Mr. DeMille,” they exclaimed. “Don’t worry, Miss Celli, you’re gorgeous just as you are!” I answered.
I was so thrilled, I didn’t bother asking for an autograph. I swept these two off their shelf and brought them home with me. Imagine what these will look like when they’re all glammed up! Ahhh, the things you have to endure in show biz.
Stay tuned for that. . .
- Sunlight on the lamp | Bright Moments Catcher
- Star | shame
- Connection | The Magic Black Book
- You | Shiwanidoez
- Rural Tourism in Russia. Windmill. Yakovlevo of Belgorod Region, Russia. January 15, 2012 | Bright Moments Catcher
- Shopino of Belgorod Region, Russia. September 11, 2011 | Bright Moments Catcher
- Cake to coke? | Beth Byrnes
- Yawn-worthy? Captain Jack Sparrow? NO!!! | alienorajt
- Oh, How Boring | tuckedintoacorner
- Daily Prompt: Connect the Dots | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: It Matters Not, or Does It | One Starving Activist
- Like Grains of Sand | Misifusa’s Blog
- Soon To Be Illegal Food | Kansa Muse
- You’ve got a new PINGBACK!! | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- Connect the Dots | Motherhood and Beyond
- You could have lived. | thinkerscap
- A Birthday and a Dead Nazi Criminal | sayanything
- Isn’t kissing disgusting..? | Le Drake Noir
- Connecting the Dots | Fruit Salad
- Daily Prompt: Connecting the Dots Each Day | My Daily Prompt Blog
- Connect the Dots | Going New Places!
- Trans Fats | crookedeyebrows
- Inspiration.. | Haiku By Ku
- Rorschach Media Inc. | ecriantonio
- Haiyan | JC Bride ~
- 215. Connecting the Dots | Barely Right of Center
- Friends at Sunset | The Land Slide Photography
- Daily Prompt: Connect the Dots | Basically Beyond Basic
- Tethered by Toys « Morning Pages
- Everything is Relevant | Nerdy Woman
- Becoming Dr. Ruth | To Pursue Happiness
- Not News, Just Reality | Just Visiting This Planet
- My Enemy | Life Confusions
- “Connect the Dots” | Relax
- WE DON’T NEED NO STINKIN’ CASINO | SERENDIPITY
- Wrong Is Wrong | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt: Connect the Dots | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- connect the dots | yi-ching lin photography
- DATASEXUAL / Daily Prompt: Connect the Dots | Communication For Development