Today’s Daily Prompt asks: Tattoo….You? Do you have a tattoo? If so, what’s the story behind your ink? If you don’t have a tattoo, what might you consider getting
To Tattoo or not to tattoo.
That is the question.
If I chose,
Would they be tattoes?
I was going to ignore this question because the short answer to it is: No, I do not have a tattoo.
But if I did have one, what would it be? That would all depend on what decade we’re talking about which is why I’m glad I never got a tattoo. I have a friend who got a tattoo of Dark Wing Duck on her leg when she was young. That was the first thing she explained to me when I first met her—how she got that tattoo a long time ago and she can’t believe she is walking around the rest of her life with a Dark Wing Duck tattoo.
I could easily have made the same kind of regrettable decision as a child of the ’50’s by getting a tattoo of Soupy Sales or Popeye. And if I had even known about tattoos and had a chance to get this one I doubt anyone could have talked me out of it!
Of course there are no tattoo designs of Soupy Sales. (Are there?)
No question what my tattoo would have been in junior high.
I would have had stiff competition from my friend Dottie over who had the best Paul tattoo not to mention which one of us was going to marry him.
In high school I might have been persuaded to get a Beach Boys tattoo and I definitely could have been persuaded to get a tattoo of the Woodstock poster design. I was devastated that I wasn’t allowed to go to Woodstock. So no Woodstock tattoo.
In the late ’60’s and early ’70’s I might have considered these:
I mellowed out in the late ’70’s and ’80’s and my tattoo design of choice would have been the Yin/Yang symbol. I was deep into eastern philosophy, macrobiotic cooking and searching for spiritual enlightenment. [Yes, my regular readers, you have found the “mycookinglife” tie-in for this post!]
Funny, I found a lot of beautiful yin/yang tattoo designs but most of the actual tattoos were not as fetching. Here’s a design I might have chosen and here’s one real tattoo that looks better than most:
- Try it | Photos to inspire you
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo…You? | Under the Monkey Tree
- Tattoos | Kate Murray
- Port Cullis | alienorajt
- What I Think Of Tattoos | The Jittery Goat
- Family & Faith | Active Army Wife
- My Ink, My Story | Finale to an Entrance
- Tattoo… You? | Relax
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | A Mixed Bag
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Awl and Scribe
- My First Tattoo | Steve Boer Photography
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Olivia May Photography
- Should you Tattoo? | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Permenant | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo…..You? | Steve Says….
- Tattoos, A big No-No | A mom’s blog
- The Accidental Tattoo | A Buick in the Land of Lexus
- INK can’t Hide me ! | Dreams to Reality !
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | timzauto…. in search of the blond haired kid
- Daily Prompt:Tatto…..You? | Motherhood and Beyond
- Tattoo — You? | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….. You? | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Proudly Inked | One Starving Activist
- A tattoo! Or two…or three… | wordsandotherthings
- Tattoo. | Bullet holes in the wall
- Tattoo… Me! | Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis & Me
- Body and Soul: of mundane miracles and secular sacraments | Muddy River Muse
- Tattoos….You? That is the question. | Kansa Muse
- Tatted Up! | meanderedwanderings
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Everyday Adventures
- Who Needs a Tattoo? I’ve Got A Blog!
- Sunday Confessions | Cheri Speak
- Kissing the sky. | Inside of love
- To Be Continued… | Charron’s Chatter
- The tattoo that I have, and the ones I want | And I write
- Tattoos | Mountains or Molehills
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo’s the Diverse Art | Bowl of Rice
- Ink’d | A Room of One’s Own
- A Mark For Life | annezheng
- On Tattoos | Not the Family Business!
- Tattoo? – One Day | My Play Nook
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Basically Beyond Basic
- How and Why I Decided To Get Inked | noinpart
- Skin Deep | All work and quite a lot of play
- Tattoo….You? | The Nameless One
- Permanent ink. | Simple Heart Girl
- DAILY PROMPT: TATTOO — ME! PHOENIX RISING! | SERENDIPITY
- Tattooed Memories… | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: Love Never Lasting | Morrighan’s Muse
- The Lover’s Kiss | unaware but underlined
- Impermanence | vic briggs
- The Boob Report – Tits for Tats | Susie Lindau’s Wild Ride
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo…You? | Poetry
- Tattoo….You? | Trina’s North Germany
- Get your tattoo here | tjbarkerseattle
- My Forest | unaware but underlined
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Red Herrings
- Tattoo | Lori’s Life and Other Stuff
- To Tattoo or Not to Tattoo?…..(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Sword – The Tatoo | Thoughts
- My Tattoo Changed My Life | Notes by Natalie
- Permanent PROOF | unaware but underlined
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo……You? | Sorrowful Decay
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo…. You? | SIM | ANTICS
- Tattoos. Body Art or Body Damage? | Mr. Johnson’s Blog
- Tattoo or not tattoo? | Tales of a slightly stressed Mother!
- Mince and tatties | Land of Dope and Tories
- 1.12 Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Family, Photos, Food & Craft
- Tattoo…You? | My Conscious Self
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo You? | BulgingButtons